Thomas M. Tully
Tom Tully is one of Chicago’s most prominent and well-respected attorneys. He founded the firm after a distinguished and varied career in the public sector, where he served as a prosecutor, counsel to and thereafter Chief Deputy Assessor of Cook County, and ultimately elected Assessor of Cook County. Mr. Tully is a member of the Chicago, Illinois State and American Bar Associations; the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association; the International Association of Assessing Officers; and the Institute of Property Taxation. He is active in the community, serving on the Boards of Directors of Children’s Memorial Medical Center/Children’s Memorial Hospital/CM Foundation; the Western Golf Association; and the Archdiocese of Chicago’s Big Shoulders Fund. Tom earned a B.Sc. from John Carroll University in 1959 and his J.D. from DePaul University in 1963.
J.D., DePaul University, 1963
B.Sc., John Carroll University, 1959
Northern District of Illinois
United States Court of Military Appeals
United States Supreme Court
- AV® Peer Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating for ethics and legal ability
- Attorney and Legal Advisor to the Cook County Assessor (1963-1965)
- Assistant State’s Attorney, Cook County, Illinois (1966-1970)
- Chief Deputy Assessor of Cook County (1971-1973)
- Assessor of Cook County (1974-1978)
- Former Trustee, Armstrong World Industries Asbestos Trust
- Ret. Capt., USAR
- "Property Tax Assessment Appeals in Illinois"